Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ray Family Tortillas

Here is my favorite recipe using long term food storage items. I usually cook a crock pot of beans for about 6-7 hours. I only add a little bit of salt to my beans.

Ray Family Tortilla Recipe

Ingredients:

3 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
¼ c. oil
1-1 ½ c. hot water

Directions:

Mix dry ingredients. Add oil and hot water until dough feels soft and pliable. Wrap in plastic wrap and let dough rest for 10-20 minutes. Make into 12 balls. Roll out and cook on medium-high griddle (about 10 seconds for the first side, 5 seconds for the second). Serve with beans.

Alternate:

For fry bread, use 3 ½ c. flour and add 2 tbsp. sugar. Roll out and slice, or form small circles the thickness of sugar cookies. Fry in medium high oil and cool on rack or paper towels.

2 comments:

Ed and Bel said...

I have had this and it is yummy to the tummy!

Living Providently said...

It's Taylor's all time favorite.