Friday, July 18, 2008

CVS Coupon and Raincheck Policy

After having problems with a manager not accepting a coupon because it was worth more than the sale price, I contacted corporate.

Also, in regards to ECB items, they are supposed to issue a raincheck for the item, minus the ECBs.

I made a photobook and was told they were out of the covers when I went to scan the ticket. I am okay with the fact that they were out, but someone should have said something or posted a sign to let customers they were out BEFORE I spent 20 minutes making it. When I asked for a raincheck, she said that they could not do that for ECB items. Here is the e-mail from corporate. I printed it out and will take it into the stores with me. So we should ALWAYS be able to receive a raincheck for ECB items if they are out. Looks like Rittenhouse and Ocotillo will be issuing a lot of rainchecks because they are out of things so often.

Dear Kolina Romney:

Thank you for contacting CVS/pharmacy. I am in receipt of your e-mail concerning coupons. I can help you with this.

If you have a coupon that offers more off than the CVS sales price the coupon should be accepted and adjusted.

Coupons can only be used one time. Unfortunately when a coupon is scanned and states that it has been used, then we cannot accept it. I do apologize for the unprofessional manner in which the store manager handled this issue.

There is a policy for rainchecks on ExtraCare buck items. If the item has an Extra Buck offer, then the Extra Buck offer is subtracted from the sale price on the raincheck.

Again, thank you for contacting us with your concerns. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.


Sincerely,

Kathy Tobin
CVS/pharmacy
Customer Relations
#05866615r


Hope this helps! I am going to be frequenting Power/Germann or Higley/Pecos if I can. Their customer service is so much better.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Rittenhouse & O is terrible. They never have anything! Thanks for all the info, I'd like to print out that email to have on hand for future reference too. :)

Living Providently said...

That's why I posted it. I also have the Wal-Mart policy printed in case I have problems there. Glad this helps! Now someone needs to let me know if the store will actually issue a raincheck minus ECBs. I have yet to try.