Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Deals on Clothing

I like to shop the gently used consignment clothes for my daughter. If you buy a size bigger when things are on sale, you can get some great deals.

My favorite store is Once Upon a Child. Their website is www.ouac.com. About every 6 months they have a moonlight madness sale where you can save up to 70% off their low prices. I got several pairs of Old Navy and Baby Gap jeans that look almost brand new for only a few dollars. She is set on jeans until she is about 3 or 4.

In AZ, they are located at Val Vista and Baseline. Sign up for e-mail offers and receive $5 off your next purchase. Plus, you get updated on all of their great sales and discounts.

Children's Orchard is a nice store too. They often have fill a bag sales where you can fill a bag for $5 or $6. This store is not as large, but still has a good selection. Click here for Money Saving Mom's Review. They are at Lindsay and Warner. Visit www.childrensorchard.com.

Any other good children's consignment stores?

Here's why I love shopping at the consignment stores:

  1. I spend less!
  2. I have a year supply of clothes for my daughter.
  3. My daughter is wearing clothes from a few years ago, so she doesn't match everyone else.
  4. I get high quality name brand clothes.
  5. I often get clothing with the tags still on them.
  6. I love to shop and I don't have to feel guilty.
  7. I am doing my part for the environment by recycling.
  8. There is a great selection.
  9. The employees are always great!
  10. I love to shop and find great deals! (oh wait, I already said that...)

Any other great stores, or ways that you cut back on the clothing cost?

1 comment:

Chad~Nicole said...

I also buy everything at OUAC. Since both of my boys were born in the same season I have all the hand-me-downs I need. I've never bought Canon a "new" pair of church shoes. We usually get those at the thrift stores because most kids wear their church shoes on Easter and Christmas so they're practically brand new.