Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cashiers and Long Term Storage

Often when I check out, cashiers are often amazed at the quantity of items I purchase. (Sidenote: I always get these things at rock bottom prices).

I recently had a cashier asking me if I was preparing for Armageddon. We had a laugh.

I guess in a way I am. I am also preparing for risk of financial hardship (you can never predict the future). I am preparing for any type of unexpected event. I know that my family would be provided for. I also am able to give to others in ways that I could not if I did not bargain shop. Plus, I LOVE shopping and this gets my fix while providing for my family and not going broke.

In response to the Armageddon comment, I love the following quote.

"The revelation to produce and store food may be as essential to our temporal welfare today as boarding the ark was to the people in the days of Noah" (Ezra Taft Benson, "Prepare for the Days of Tribulation," Ensign, Nov. 1980, 33).

Some may think I am crazy, but I am just trying to be self reliant with what I have.

No comments: