Sunday, October 12, 2008

Walgreen's: 10/12

I have always been a hard core CVS shopper, but I haven't been in about 2 months. Either I am too stocked up to care about free toothpaste and make-up, or the deals just haven't been that great. Not to mention that the closest CVS is ALWAYS out of  stock and not that friendly.

We will soon have a Walgreen's at Ironwood and Ocotillo out here in Queen Creek. I have been taking advantage of Walgreen's Easy Saver Rebate Book as well as Register Rewards. If you haven't been doing Walgreen's, check out Money Saving Mom's Walgreen's 101.

Here are the best deals I see this week:

Lindt chocolate bars--$2.49
Buy 2 and use 1 B1G1 coupon from 10/05 inserts
Use 1 $0.75/1 coupon from 10/05 inserts
Use 1 $1/1 EasySaver coupon (should take off $2 when you use one coupon)
Free (plus small overage)

Arm & Hammer Detergent--2.99
Use $1/1 from Arm & Hammer website
Submit for $1 October Easysaver rebate
$0.99 each after coupon and rebate

Buy 2 Dimetapp or Robitussin (on sale $3.99), Get $5 Register Rewards
Buy 3 Dimetapp or Robitussin, Get $10 Register Rewards
*Deal*
Buy 3 Dimetapp at $3.99
Use 3 $2/1 Dimetapp coupons here
Free plus $4.03 in overage when you buy three
For CVSers, register rewards are similar to ECB's and print after your receipt.

OCTOBER FREE-AFTER-REBATE ITEMS:

Loreal Cleanser Cream or Gel or 25-30 towelettes--up to $6.99 rebate
Use $1/1 from 7/20 inserts
Free plus overage after coupon and rebate

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation--up to $7.49 rebate
Use $1/1 from 9/14 inserts
Free plus overage after coupon and rebate

Nivea Men's Body Wash 16.9 oz--up to $4.99 rebate
Free after rebate

LypSyl LypMoisturizer Honey Berry 1 oz.--up to $1.99 (Limit 2)
Free after rebate

For the Nivea and the LypSyl, these will not show up when you enter your receipts online. However I can confirm that they are working because I already submitted for my rebates and the money is credited to my gift card.

Go to Money Saving Mom for more deals this week.

Don't forget about the prescription coupons in this week's ad.

11 comments:

Connie said...

Hey :) I haven't been to CVS in about 3 months, I've been doing Walgreens more often when they've got good deals going on. Thanks for posting this, super helpful! :)

Connie said...

Ohhh, and where's the $2/1 Dimetapp coupon? I only for $1/1... :(

Living Providently said...

I have just decided CVS must not want my business anymore... :) Oh well, their loss.

Living Providently said...

I just added the link for the $2. It is an IP. I haven't printed it myself yet, so I don't know if there is a limit. It is still free with $1 overage if you use the $1/1. It is something good to stock up on or donate!

Connie said...

I printed the Dimetapp Q - I had to register and then the Q came up, along with the print window, which allowed me to print more than one...but the Q expires in a month, so I'll put it to good use this week. Thanks for the awesome link!

Living Providently said...

No problem! Just leave a few for me! :)

Liz said...

Good work! I need to get back into the swing of things!


~Liz
www.AGiveawayADay.blogspot.com

Connie said...

I did this deal today and it worked like a charm. Thanks so much for the fantastic info! :) OH, and check out my other blog when you get a chance, it's mostly for beginners, so if you know of some, send them my way! . . . http://pennyearnedpennysaved.blogspot.com/

Living Providently said...

You can use you Register Rewards at Fry's too!

Unknown said...

I still haven't been brave enough to attempt Walgreens, but I have boycotted CVS for the past 6 months now. I am not sure if I will ever go back at this point.
(That is, unless we somehow miraculously run out of hygiene products etc.)
I've actually felt all couponed out lately.

Living Providently said...

I haven't been a lot either, but Fry's has had some great deals. I usually just go to Walgreen's once a month for the Easy Saver stuff, unless the want to give away Dimetapp that I will use this winter... :) Walgreen's is pretty easy, you just have to get used to their system. They are almost always in stock, unlike the "other" store.