Sunday, October 12, 2008

Box Tops and Recycling


I have learned that through using coupons, there are many opportunities to keep on giving. 

Before I couponed, I could never afford (or justify) the cost of name brand products. We used to live on MarketPantry, Kroger, and GreatValue Brand.

Now, it seems every product I have is from General Mills. If you buy General Mills products, don't forget to save the Box Tops and turn them in to your school. 

If you don't have any children going to school, I would be happy to take them. These really do add up for the school. Our PTO does an amazing job, and this funding provides many extras for the school. 

Go here to find more information on BoxTops. You can also see how much your school has earned. Simonton earned $1387 last year! Go Stallions! 

Arizona ranks 49 out of 50 (50 being the lowest) in the amount spent per student. The only state lower than ours is Utah. 

Go to the AEA's website for more information on how Arizona ranks. The additional funding from BoxTops will impact our students and Arizona's future.

E-mail me at livingprovidently@gmail.com if you have any to donate to our school.

Recycling Papers

Next, if you driveway looks like the Arizona Republic has take over and one, don't forget to recycle all of those papers. If you take them to one of the school's recycling bins, your school gets money for these. Who knew all of this would help out your school so much.

Just keep a bin in your garage for all paper and take it to the school when it gets full.

Recycling Bags

Lastly, recycle the bags your newspapers are in. I use them for doggie duty (I don't use plastic bags at the store, so this is pretty much all the plastic we see... go here to see more information on reusable bags). You can also recycle them at most grocery stores.

I am not an environmentalist, but I care about the environment. Hopefully my footprint left behind won't be as noticeable.

I am off my soapbox now. :) Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

germanjules said...

ditto about not able to avoid boxtop brand items...now with coupons they are everywhere in my house!

Connie said...

Amen :) Hey, did you ever finish your "never pay more than" list??

Living Providently said...

I am still working on it... I don't think it will ever be completely finished. It is on my neverending to do list though! :)