Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Water Supply

Here are some options for building your water supply:

You need 21 gallons per person for a two week supply.

Don’t forget to include bleach in your supply for purification.


Large gallon barrels, more expensive option, price ranges depending on supplier.
Water bottle cases $3.99/24 (or cheaper...watch for sales!)
Mylar bags $3.49/1 holds 5 gallons (http://www.beprepared.com/)
Water pouches (4-8 oz) $.35/1 (http://www.beprepared.com/)

I always try to buy a case of water when I make a big trip to the grocery store, or at a warehouse store like Sam's Club or Costco. Then I rotate this water out. Don't forget about the five gallon jugs for your water cooler. Those count towards your supply!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Hi Kolina, your website is looking great! Hey, I'm doing a coupon class for our RS tomorrow and have typed up a lot of coupon info if you'd like to check it out. All stuff for beginners which some of your ward members might benefit from. Email me and let me know and I can email it to you. acmconstant@hotmail.com ~Connie Reese