Monday, September 1, 2008

Uses for Sara Lee Bread

I get six Sunday papers, so I was thinking about what I was going to do with all of my FREE bread. They are expiring soon, so I needed to get them. (I can't refuse FREE bread!)

These coupons were in the 8/17 Red Plum insert.
  1. Make ahead PB&J sandwiches. Simply put PB on both sides of the bread and jelly in the middle (this prevents it from going soggy). Put in a sandwich bag and put in the freezer. Just take it out a few hours before you want to eat it. These are just like the Smucker's Uncrustables, but MUCH cheaper. You can also cut them into shapes to make it more fun. My daughter LOVES her Mickey Sandwiches...
  2. Have BLT's (we all have plenty of FREE bacon!)
  3. Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup
  4. Garlic Bread: add garlic and parmesan to butter, spread over bread and broil until slightly toasted.
  5. French Toast
  6. Make your own croutons. Click here for recipes.
  7. Make bread crumbs and freeze for recipes.
  8. Give it away (hey, it was free...)

These are all the ideas I have. Any others?

No comments: